Partners and Alliances
Funding has been provided by Humanities Washington and the National Endowment for the Humanities (NEH) as part of the American Rescue Plan Act of 2021 (ARP) approved by the U.S.
- Founded in 1972
- Humanities Washington’s mission is to open minds and bridge divides by creating spaces to explore different perspectives
- We are an affiliate of the National Endowment for the Humanities, but are an independent 501 (c)(3) nonprofit organization
- We serve over 60,000 people in over a hundred communities throughout Washington State each year through our programs and partnerships
- Core programs: Speakers Bureau, Prime Time Family Reading, Think and Drink, Washington State Poet Laureate (with ArtsWA), the Center for Washington Cultural Traditions (with ArtsWA), and grants
- Media contact: David Haldeman, Communications and Content Director: (206) 682-1770 x108 or email@example.com